Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Writers' support and dreams

I wanted to continue about Roger Ebert, but for the next two days I have to finish a critique on a friend's book. He's a member of my writers' group. Or I think it's going to take two days. Then I have about a day to get my "taxes" done (that is, put in for a tax credit my case worker told me about).

I can't speed read a manuscript. It has to be read the old-fashioned way. At least there's not much in the way of line corrections with this book. Commentary is important.


Yesterday, I think I accidentally must have mixed beer and antihistamines. I got so drowsy in the afternoon after taking a walk. Sleep was mandatory. When I woke up, I took a benedryl, which made sleep mandatory again in two hours.

After all that sleep, I feel drowsy again.

I used to love sleep because dreams were always much better than reality. Now it's only because I'm tired. The dreams are a great bonus, though.

What I'm doing now is part of what unpublished writers do for  each other. Unlike Stephan King, I do so suggest writers' groups. That is, one where you read and critique each others' works every week, along with a few bonus services, like reading/critiquing one of their books every month.

No comments:

Post a Comment