Monday, October 7, 2013

Another Vacation?

My productivity on my novel has fallen to the low hundreds per day.

When I take stock of other things, here's what I see: my apartment is a wreck, the little that's in my refrigerator is going rotten, my cupboard is bare, my desk is cluttered, essential paperwork for my medical is lying in there undone for weeks. Also, I've been accumulating books I'm not reading, movies I'm not watching (fiction is part of my job). I haven't exercised in a month. Usually, when I think of something that I need or want to do I put it on a list. Now I just put it out of my mind. 

My life is falling apart and it's going to keep going unless I do something different.  Some might be due to the pressure from the government shutdown.
 
It's embarrassing to say that I can be stressed out when I don't have a job, but that's why I'm disabled. I have a hard time directing my attention. And I get tired very easily. If I were working for anyone else, it's about this time I'd have a meltdown on the job.

Last time I had all these signs was in early July. At the time, the novel had gone the wrong way. I took two weeks off from writing and came back more productive with my life back in order. This time I'll stay away from it for a week. I'll get everything else in order and come back under less stress, so I hope.

Of course, I might be more stressed due to what's happening politically now.

No comments:

Post a Comment