Sunday, May 8, 2011

Looks like I'll miss that deadline

Today was Mothers' Day, but I don't talk about family here. I will say I think my Mom appreciated my gifts.

Yes, today was a working day for me, but not a very successful one. I wanted to have the latest installment of my short story ready for the writers' group tomorrow, but the rewriting is taking a long time, and tomorrow time will be scarcer than usual.

Tuesday and Wednesday will be my "weekend." But if I get the latest installment up to spec, it means that I won't have the previous parts of the story rewritten until maybe the real weekend next week.

The frustrating part of fiction or any writing is it takes a long time and I can never tell how long it takes.

That goes for discussions online. I'd like to argue and read more of the ASO's blog, but I don't have enough time for that diversion. Really, I only go there led by Twitter and only start answering their blog out of pure impulse. It can be frustrating when I look at the blog to close my day only to stay up three hours doing it.

I don't respond well to lack of sleep. Usually, on a good morning, I need desktop or sticky notes to tell me what I should be doing. And sometimes, the work is a total waste because I'm too dazed to know what I'm doing. It's the nature of my illness. So, when I stay up answering a blog, I'm really wounding myself.

The ASOs like Rhology have it in their minds that I'm not knowledgeable about Christianity. Actually I am, but when they question me about dogma and doctrine, instead of telling them what their Church tells them, I tell them what I think about those doctrines and what I learned about them outside Christianity. The two do not match.

So, from now on, I'll at least start by telling them what they believe about it. It might take these confrontations down a different path, don't expect it to get any less confrontational, though. The ASOs are a cult.

No comments:

Post a Comment