Sunday, October 21, 2012

Ginger Snaps: The Feral Bond, the Story is Done


I'm glad to say, I put up the two final chapters of my hybrid fan fiction novel, Ginger Snaps: The Feral Bond. It's not quite the end of the novel, however. I still have an epilogue to write. Of course, I'm wanting to give the whole thing just one more rewrite. That probably wouldn't be the most responsible thing to do. I don't know . . . This story is never going to pay, it's never going to gain me any prestige.

I started it originally because, well, my life had collapsed. I lost my mind, lost my job, lost my apartment, and was bankrupt. I was just out of the hospital after Electro-Convulsive Therapy. I had always wanted  to write. I had given up on a writing career the decade before, and I had nothing else left to lose, literally, (except maybe my PC, which needed an upgrade) so, I decided to do life right this time, it's not often somebody gets a second act. (Despite what F. Scott Fitzgerald said, they do exist in American lives.)

So, as a writing exercise, to see if I had the drive and to develop my skills, I began to write fiction based on somebody else's work. Remember, this was only to test my drive. I wasn't going to stretch for too much creativity, because I didn't trust my creativity just then.

Sometime I will have a blog entry called, "Why Love Ginger Snaps." I consider it to be a landmark work of horror. It's a new subgenre I would call "Blood Opera." That's where there's heavy crossover into real-life themes and issues between the characters are made central to the horror element.

Unfortunately, that's all the time I have today.

No comments:

Post a Comment