Thursday, July 3, 2014

Relief

I feel such relief. What a discovery! That I think my brother is going to get better care in the community home than he did in my parents house for the last forty years. Maybe that's what I found to be a constant source of anguish, and I buried it. It was a harsh thing to see my parents were badly mismanaging his care, and were in the meantime killing themselves doing it. My mother did her best to make sure Joe didn't go into a home. I think that was a terrible mistake, though the sentiment was understandable. "Homes," institutions, were terrible places when she was growing up. 

I have a lot of writing projects going now. I have two proposals for comedy articles in the works, and if the website doesn't buy them, I'll put them up here. . I have the novel, the Carrie fan fiction, and a short erotica story. At least 40 percent of those are paid, and if they pay off, I guess I'll then call myself semi-pro, which is better than, not-pro-at-all.

I'm not doing anything tomorrow to celebrate the 4th, really. My Dad invited me over, but I declined. I'm staying away from his place as much as I can for the next two weeks. I need the rest and decompression.

No comments:

Post a Comment