Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Supreme court supremely screws up.


Wouldn't you know the most maddening US Supreme Court decision in my lifetime came when I was at my busiest. The Hobby Lobby decision if probably not the worst one this court made. No, that still likely goes to Citizens' United. But I haven't had a chance to read the decision and Justice Ruth Ginsberg's dissent. So, there's not much factually I can say about how it's reasoned. I can only say that the SCOTUS conservative members have the strangest notion of rights and freedom, one that I don't think the vast majority of Americans, including the Tea Partyists, are going to like.

I helped move my brother into a halfway house yesterday. I can't believe the relief I feel. It seems that most my stress about my family was due to concerns about his care. But I've seen the place, and I talked to its head. I think this will work out well for everyone involved.

It helps in another way. I won't have to put in so many hours as a caregiver. I'm going to just enjoy the windfall of time over the next two weeks.    

No comments:

Post a Comment