Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Move finished

It has been a long time since I posted. I guess I planned this move starting in February. In between time, I bailed my Dad out of foreclosure and buried my mother (pitching in with the rest of my relatives).

And the place I settled on was a bit of a fixer-up. It not longer smells of gas. I no longer fear for my life when I enter. They still have to replace the furnace, but it doesn't leak, and it does work, if I can qualify that. It does work if I can get up and shut the blower off every night. They are supposed to replace the furnace, soon. The blower doesn't shut off as it should, but it doesn't leak, regardless.

My cat is asleep under my desk, looking terribly content. I envy her. I unpacked the last of the boxes today, collapsed them and took them to the recycle dumpster. I declared the move finished and tabulated the receipts for figuring the final cost. But tonight I find myself drunk. Drunk from loneliness. The taste of grain, hops, and yeast. I wanted the relief that semi-consciousness grants in altered states. I hear joyous people outside, slightly threatening. I have to admit, it might all be hallucination.

I've switched to water from beer. I expect things to clarify, but I don't expect a return.


No comments:

Post a Comment