Sunday, November 4, 2012

Election? What Election?

I've said almost nothing about politics here, and have made almost no statements about this very important election. That's mainly because whenever I try to write on the topic, I always find a knowledge gap. I might know the general science behind issues like Global Warming. I might know the science and have a strong opinion on reproductive rights, but I have almost no knowledge of the office-holders or candidates. Nor could I trace their actions to results and consequences in the real world. About economics, there are too many gaps in my knowledge to argue my opinions effectively. However, I will declare this: conservative economics cannot be right. I can only declare that, I can't support it or argue it effectively, yet. I'm ashamed of this.

Of course, I'm dependent on absorbing information.  I don't read enough about politics because I'm just not fast enough at reading. Fiction is my profession, and I'm well-advised to fill my reading time with it. Perhaps my reading speed is set to improve as my writing speed has because my Attention Deficit Disorder has finally been adequately treated.

However, it only gets better practice, and that takes time. I wasn't able to ramp it up before this election.

It's one thing to declare my opinion, it's another thing to then back it up with information. I have enough information to guide myself voting, but I don't enough to where I feel secure in urging other people what to vote for.

So, I've taken a pass writing about this election, even though it's so important. If you're a progressive, please vote. I'm saying that from the best information I can feed myself, so far.

The most important election of their lives, so far.



No comments:

Post a Comment