Wednesday, April 20, 2011

All right, blog plans.

It is embarrassing to consider yourself a writer and have a blog that you hardly seem to use. I could think of dozens of subjects that I wish to write about, but none of them seem to come to mind when I set aside the time to write on the blog. Then when I do find a subject, it always gains a depth way beyond the time I have to commit to it.

So, I've decide to simplify it and every day set aside a half hour to an hour to compose it. If it's a larger issue, such as atheism and morality, I simply have to divide it up between several days. If it's an issue that requires research, I'll simply show the results here as I find them, and make the corrections as I do.

Before I go on, I'll give a little overdue background about myself. I am now 51- years old, unemployed due to bipolar disorder. I've just been awarded disability. My life totally collapsed in 2009, not that I was doing well before that. My plans now are to make a living as a writer of fiction, scripts, poetry and non-fiction, and since my last hospitalization, I have treated writing as my full time job. My first practice novel, which is still a work in progress, was a piece of fanfiction based on the marvelous, almost unknown Canadian werewolf movie "Ginger Snaps," called "Ginger Snaps: The Feral Bond." Of course, as fanfiction, it will never be submitted for money. I meant it to be a learning experience, and something that would show me if I had the chops and discipline to be a writer. The project, though, has gone on far longer than I imagined. I'm no Asimov, not yet, and that effects me in this blog as well.

Before I started my career, I swore that I would always finish what I start. I started in November 2009. I've taken a hiatus to write a short story, just to prove that, yes, I an imagination and life beyond "Ginger Snaps" fanfiction. So, I'm working on the short story "The Light by Grandma's House."

That's been interrupted, though, because now I have to tie up some loose ends that were left when I became sick and broke, and then move. I won't describe my living situation in detail, but I need to get something better.

So, tomorrow, I'll continue with the subject and I hope get to the issue of Atheist Morality.

No comments:

Post a Comment