Sunday, April 17, 2011

No, I haven't abandoned this blog.

I realize that it was looking I had completely forgotten about this. No, I just left to complete the "novel." I hate to be redundant, but it has taken far longer than planned. In the meantime, I found a great writers' group here in town, Writer's Under the Arch (WUTA). They and the Writers' Meetup people made some great suggestions for the early chapter. I would have been foolish not to take them. So, I began writing the next draft (I'll call it the third one) before I was finished with the current one, (I'll call it the second one).

This has delayed the completion of the 2nd draft, and has probably driven on fanfiction.net to distraction. The good news is I know how the current one ends and know all the events leading up to it ending. I'm not going to make any estimate on the time it will take to write, but I have seven chapters and an epilogue to go.

In the meantime, I became a little burned out on the Ginger Snaps novel and decided to start a short story. I wanted to show I had a life and career away from GS. It's halfway written. I'm hoping to submit this for actual cash. Making money off writing will be different, if I can do it.

However, in the midst of all of this, I have to prepare and move now. That is to say, I have to get my car repaired, possibly for a lot of cash, catch up and pay all the bills I let slide when I was sick, find an apartment and go. So, I probably won't get a lot of work done on writing until at least the middle of next month.

I'm wondering how I could make ends meet, or even have any ends on what I'm getting from disability, but I intend to write and read with all the time that I can bear until I make a living at it. Right now, I just have to write an entire body of work and then start submitting.

I don't have a lot of time left. I probably have just twenty years at most to make an entire career of this, but I will make my best go at it.

In other news: I built a new computer this week using some money from my retroactive disability. I got tired of the delays and freeze-ups I was going through from my "spare parts" computer, and there was so much I couldn't do. I completed it yesterday. To celebrate, I'm spending the evening playing Civilization 5. I hope I'm not addicted by tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment