Monday, March 25, 2013

Scored!

Finally, got my medication after slogging through the 8" of unseasonable snow and spending three hours at the clinic. I found out that clinic didn't re-authorize my prescriptions for six days after I saw the doctor. All I wanted was a "bridge script." But that was an unknown concept to them, so they wrote me up for a whole 90 more days, which means that I've paid twice for my prescription.

Is this the worst medical system in the industrialized world? It sounds like it. We pay more, get less, and more people get sick, and/or die as a result.


At least-- when I took the short cut-- I got to scout out an old derelict building which looks like a perfect squat in the event of homelessness. It's a little wet on the interior, though, but at least it's out of the wind. Note to self: in the event of eviction, spend your last dollar on a poncho and galoshes.

There's nothing like our medical system to make somebody think like he's destitute.

I guess maybe I'll feel better in about 4 hours. The mail order scripts still haven't arrived.

No comments:

Post a Comment