Thursday, September 27, 2012

Not even a Little

Caffeine and I just had another falling out after I discovered my blood pressure was high. It's the latest of several times that I've quit. Each time there has been an immediate loss of energy. This time I've slept for half of the last 48 hours. Though I have to say, the dreams have been kick-ass. I thought I was lucky to have no headache, until it kicked in this morning. Then, I had my body aches.

What's funny is, I wasn't consuming a lot of it. Maybe a cup of coffee a day and up to 20oz's of Mountain Dew. Apparently, my body thought I was. I had headaches, disrupted sleep, urinary difficulties, none of which I associated with caffeine. Then I had my blood pressure sky-rocket. Apparently, I can't handle any of it. 

Even after all the trouble I've had with caffeine in the past, I still try to use it again. No use denying: I like the mild rush it gives me and I like the flavors of the coffee and the sweetness of Mountain Dew. I'm glad it's caffeine and not a harder drug.

I called yesterday a "sick day" but I still got a lot of writing done, I'm proud to say, much more than calculated I would, for once. 

No comments:

Post a Comment