Friday, August 31, 2012

Handles

Now I know everyone who has ever read this blog is wondering: how did you ever come up with such terrible name?

It has to do with my Youtube (Wentshow), Twitter (manfromfred) and Fanfiction.net (Madman Fred) handles, the town I used to live in, (Wentzville, hence the handle Wentshow) my broken confidence, the fact that writing horror was the only thing I had going on at the time (hence the "creepy" part).  I don't think the "geek" part requires an explanation.

To all of this, add the fact that I really didn't know what I wanted to do with this blog. It was a little too early in the game to promote my writing. I wasn't inclined then to do research for my opinion articles, I had sworn not to talk about my personal life, and I really wasn't doing anything anybody would find interesting then.

However, now that I'm writing every day and submitting work, the blog has a direction. More than that, I've repealed the rules on not talking about my personal life. So, they will some autobiographical posts.

Now that I'm posting here almost every day, there's a reason for whipping this blog into shape. However, I haven't decided on the new name yet. It'll change when I come up with a better one.

I'm tired and I'm getting depressed now. I've been cloistered in my apartment writing and reading since Tuesday. I've been working hard and I haven't been rewarded yet. But then again, I haven't been working hard for very long.

No comments:

Post a Comment