Friday, August 10, 2012

Beggars' splurge

Writers' meeting last night, where we critiqued short stories that have been rejected repeatedly. It was informative, and fun. I went out with a few of my friends there and splurged, spending $6.50 on salad, water and the tip. On my budget and my meager disability, that was profligate indulgence. In fact, I shouldn't dine at all, but usually I can't resist some social time. Besides, I hadn't had a lot of variety in my diet.

I worked on Ginger Snaps: The Feral Bond this morning. I'm tempted to add another scene, but no, I decided to deal with the loose end there in the epilogue. So, I'm now on the last paragraph of the story.

Following the perpetual election: only the worst cynicism could explain a vote for Romney. I'm glad Claire McCaskill won the primary.

No comments:

Post a Comment